Blue hair, zombies, construction, and reconnections.

Well, let me start by saying that though 2015 is only thirteen days old it has brought a lot of amazing changes already. Firstly, I dyed my hair turquoise and blue because, well, why the hell not? It's something I've wanted to do for awhile and I finally decided to do it. I love it, it makes me smile. I tell you, smiling is so much more important than I ever realized. It doesn't just make you feel better but it also cheers up those around you. Smile more, people, it's good for you!



The second awesome thing that happened was the release party for my novella collection, The Misadventures of Bob the Zombie. I had so much fun during the festivities. I met some amazing new readers (well, new to Bob) and am so excited to continue with this series.


I have had a lot going on with my house, Havenwood Manor, we are doing some structural support for our second floor and we ripped open our living room ceiling this month to sister in some joists. We are doing all the work to this house ourselves to save money so it's kind of slow going. At the same time I have to say I gained a new appreciation for the beauty that this house holds. It was so well built and very obviously a labor of love. I'm grateful it came to us to become its caretaker.




The third, and most awesome, thing that has happened in this new year has been the reconnection between me and one of my favorite people in this world, my cousin Cary. She was always the coolest person I have ever known and when I followed my path to be a zookeeper I lost touch with everyone, not that this will surprise anyone who knows me. I have no real concept of time and tend to lose it without even realizing it. Not in a fugue sort of way, just in an absentminded professor --minus the flubber-- way.

I hope this year keeps going in this direction, it's been so wonderful so far and with as damned awful as last year was I'm really enjoying the good. I hope 2015 brings us all some happiness, peace, prosperity, love, joy, and lots of good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

Mark Tufo takes over with Part One of 'Through My Baby's Eyes'.

Emerian Rich Talks Clockwork Wonderland

The Stew on Kaldar 3 is Fantastic (Flash fiction fun)