Today I get the pleasure of interviewing James Glass

Today James Glass and Sekhmet Press is releasing the second book in the Murdered Metatron series 'The Dispossessed'. I, for one, can not wait to read it. To celebrate the release of this book I yanked Mr. Glass under the grill light and asked him the things I wanted to know. When I was assured he had no clue about why the casques on a hornbill's head can hurt so damned much when they slam it into you, I instead asked Glass questions about being an author. Enjoy! (As always clicking on the picture will take you to the Amazon store for that particular book.)

http://www.amazon.com/Murdered-Metatron-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B00HSOWXUQ/


 JJ: When did you start writing?
JG: Too long ago to remember.

JJ: What was the first story you remember writing?
JG: There were several erotic pieces, if I recall. Specifically Absinthe and Absolution. It’s not a story for the weak of heart.

JJ: What genre is your most preferred?
JG: Genre preference is largely dependent upon my mood in that moment. Some days I am unrepentant in my love of eros, the next instant I find myself writing paranormal mysteries or horror. I suppose that is a very long way of saying ‘I don’t know.’

JJ: What challenges you the most in your writing?
JG: In a single, dirty word: editing.

JJ: What is your favorite thing about being an author?
JG: Writing

JJ: What do you like least about being an author?
JG: On some level I both love and loathe expectations, both the expectations I have for myself and those put upon me by others. The worst of the lot being the message of getting a ‘real’ job. I want to say ‘I already have a day job, thank you’ but then the smug ones would have worlds shattered by such revelations, and I do not wish to be held solely responsible for the destruction of an entire population. Or perhaps I do wish it, since I have revealed it here where it is likely to have the most impact.

JJ: How many books do you currently have available?
JG: Currently I have several stories in various collections, as well as book 1 of the Metatron Mysteries. The second book in the series is set for release any day now, so keep watch for The Dispossessed.

JJ: What projects are you currently working on?
JG: Book 3 of the Metatron Mysteries as well as a side project with a fellow author.

JJ: Do you have any books coming out soon?
JG: The Dispossessed, book 2 of the Metatron Mysteries.

JJ: Which book, or series, is your favorite?
JG: Of my own writing, I would have to say the Apocrypha of the Apocalypse. Of someone else’s work: it is difficult to choose merely one, as there are so many excellent books out there.

JJ: Who are some of your favorite authors?
JG: Suzi M, Xircon (but please don’t tell him I said so), one lovely and talented Jaime Johnesee, Allison M. Dickson, Patrick Greene, and a plethora of others.

JJ: Which book(s) inspire you the most?
JG: Metaphysical and occult texts.

JJ: Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what band(s) do you play?
JG: Yes, indeed. The playlist is an odd one, and ranges from Benny Goodman to Industrial and metal bands, dancing and stomping over everything in between.

JJ: Any hobbies?
JG: Traveling by train across states.

JJ: Tell us some more about yourself including your website and where we can find you on social media sites:

JG: My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesRGlassII
My Amazon Author page can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/James-Glass/e/B009K6RSG4/ref=ntt_aut_sim_1_1


http://www.amazon.com/Dispossessed-Metatron-Mysteries-James-Glass-ebook/dp/B00IDBKQZ2/


JJ: Care to share a bit of one of your books with us?

JG: Indeed. Here is some of Chapter 1 of The Dispossessed for your enjoyment:

Today was Cherry’s day off, unfortunately, and Smith was hungover. It was a bad day all around, and the sudden request to meet with him from out of the blue did not bode well for any chance of an improvement to the day or Smith’s mood. The door jingled as it opened and a dark shape entered the diner.
Koth slid into the booth, taking the seat across from him and Smith glanced at his watch then stared at the demon. He was early. One thing Smith had learned about angels and demons, they were always exactly on time. Smith became suspicious and took in the demon’s appearance.
It still took some getting used to, even though Koth was one of the more ‘normal’ looking of Hell’s minions… for what that was worth. Most of the demons sent topside tended to resemble a 1940’s hardboiled detective thanks to Hell’s use of old black and white Noir films as a training device for getting the demons to ‘fit in’.
“Buddy, you look rough,” said the demon by way of a greeting.
“Yeah, thanks. It was a long night.”
Koth stared at his clawed pale gray hands and fidgeted.
“You’re early. Why?” Smith asked, irritation creeping into his voice.

Popular posts from this blog

Mark Tufo takes over with Part One of 'Through My Baby's Eyes'.

The Stew on Kaldar 3 is Fantastic (Flash fiction fun)

Emerian Rich Talks Clockwork Wonderland