Carole Gill takes over for the day and the end of Women in Horror Month

 Today I am honored to have the remarkably talented and super wonderful Carole Gill guest blogging for me. I read this and whooped in agreement. Carole, thank you so much. You rock!

Women in Horror

By: Carole Gill



I’ve been thinking. Why is there a Women in Horror Month or better still, why is there the need to have a Women in Horror Month? Could it be because women are not taken seriously as horror writers? Let’s be straight forward about it.

I think much of it has to do with paranormal romance fiction. Paranormal romance is its own genre. It’s not horror and never will be. I don’t write paranormal romance and never have. The horror I write is horror.

 I have written about blood-drinking, demonic vampires, flesh eaters some of them; I have written about necromantic doctors, flesh-eating dolls, demonic, cannibal clowns, murderous midgets, zombies on their own undead, bloody death march and wendigos (also flesh eaters).

I have in all four novels in The Blackstone Vampires Series depicted devil rites—rites in honor of Satan. I have depicted in gory detail in that Series, book 3 (if you want to know) what a devil pact consists of; what actually happens. There are child sacrifices as well. I have my two protagonists take in unwed mothers simply for the purpose of acquiring infants to sacrifice.  No simpering heroine in crinoline carrying a candle rushing between shadows in my work, unless she’s actually a vampire!

The focus of evil has inspired much of my writing. It’s at the core of what I write. I see the evil in the world and throughout history; how could I not? It’s there and it always has been.

I have written about the blood countess, Erzebrt Bathory. I have her in book 2 of my Series. She has a hot, blood-soaked twisted affair with my main character, the demon vampire, Eco who appears in all four of my Series novels but is featured in books 2 and 3.

In The Fourth Bride, my latest release, book 4 in the Series, I have depicted Dracula exactly as written. His wives are as evil as he is. This is not paranormal romance because it is too dark and far too bloody. There is graphic violence and sex.

The gist is Dracula has summoned forth a child he cursed, a child whose mother was given over to vampires. He has communicated to this child the entire time she was growing up and she thought she was dreaming!

He has her brought to his castle where she is to serve him psychically and sexually, to be another sister to his other wives. There she is seduced and turned by the count, and she does indeed become his fourth bride. They are all to love and feed upon one another. As her master says: "The joy is in the blood...the passion is in the blood...endless life is in the blood...!"

This is horror pure and simple, and I dare anyone to say I don’t. And I’m just one of many! Perhaps our numbers are legion!

My Links:

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Bride-Blackstone-Vampires-Series-ebook/dp/B00FEJ2CKI/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2

Blog/Website
http://carolegillauthor.blogspot.co.uk/
Author Page at Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carole-Gill-Author/120405794703293
Twitter
https://twitter.com/carolelynngill

http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Bride-Blackstone-Vampires-Series-ebook/dp/B00FEJ2CKI


Popular posts from this blog

Mark Tufo takes over with Part One of 'Through My Baby's Eyes'.

The Stew on Kaldar 3 is Fantastic (Flash fiction fun)

The importance of positivity in my life