Thursday, January 23, 2014

My interview with Chasity Conley

Hey folks. Today I'm switching things up and interviewing a children's book author who I think is a wonderful person and I'm excited to say will be releasing her Ericka the Puppy series through Visionary Press (who have picked up my children's books as well as Bob the Zombie) also. Without further ado I present Chasity Conley.




Interview questions:

JJ: When did you start writing?
CC: I started writing when I was around 11 years old. 

JJ: What was the first story you remember writing?
CC: The first story I remember writing was called "Ella". It was about a young girl that lost her way home because she didn't listen.

JJ: What genre is your most preferred?
CC: The genre I prefer most is children's stories.

JJ: What challenges you the most in your writing?
CC: What challenges me the most is trying to decide on names for my characters.

JJ: What is your favorite thing about being an author?
CC: My favorite thing about being an author  is getting to create new characters and bringing them to life.

JJ: What do you like least about being an author?
CC: The least thing I like is not having enough time in the day to write.

JJ: How many books do you currently have available?
CC: I have written 3 children's books( Ericka The Puppy series)  and a poetry book.

JJ: What projects are you currently working on?
CC: I'm currently working on the next 2 books in the Ericka series.

JJ: Do you have any books coming out soon?
CC: I hope to have my books available soon.

JJ: Which book, or series, is your favorite?
CC: Harry Potter is my favorite book series.

JJ: Who are some of your favorite authors?
CC: Some of my favorite authors are J.K Rowling, JRR Tolkien, J.D Salinger and many more.

JJ: Which book(s) inspire you the most?
CC: The books that inspire me the most are the ones written to help children deal with life issues.

JJ: Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what band(s) do you play?
CC: I don't listen to music when I write. I require silence in order to write.

JJ: Any hobbies?
CC: My hobbies are reading, writing, drawing, knitting, crocheting and skating.

JJ: Tell us some more about yourself including your website and where we can find you on social media sites:
CC: I grew up in a family of 4 brothers and 3 sisters. All 3 of my sisters write poetry. All of my brothers, except one, draw. I'm the only one that does both. I've always loved writing, but mostly just focused on poetry. I wrote the Ericka The Puppy series last year for my 2 year old daughter, who is biracial. I wanted her to be able to understand issues she is sure to have in the future. She enjoys the books a lot!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great Q&A interview. I learned some fascinating things about Chasity.

    One thing that upsets me in this world is people who can not get along with others. I hope your daughter will not have to endure the pain showered down from ignorant people, Chasity.

    So nice to see two super ladies sharing this blog post.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

The Stew on Kaldar 3 is Fantastic (Flash fiction fun)

Hi, folks, today I used the picture above as inspiration for the story below. It was a free wallpaper and it lit up my imagination l...